Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Never Go Full On Karen!

 

Never Go Full On Karen!

Al Ritter


Now to preface this story at my advanced age I can count the times I’ve asked to speak to the manager on one hand, that being said this is my rant for the day.

As I advanced toward the store I noticed the mask sign was visible yet again that highly suggested that masks be worn by vaccinated and unvaccinated people per NEW CDC guidelines. I entered unmasked. When into a Pharmacy attached to a grocery store and presented my medicine bottle for refill and showed her my app for Good RX for the discount. First off she puts on gloves to handle the bottle, I snickered to myself but held my composure. Then as I showed her the app and she says well I certainly can’t touch your phone! I still held my composure and said fine then just copy down the numbers.

The Pharmacist could see the situation escalating and told me she would look it up on Good Rx no problem. I gave the cashier a sideways look and said I’ll do some other shopping and I’ll be back. I grabbed a pack of chicken wings, put them in another plastic bag to avoid any dripping along with some iced tea mix and returned to wait for the script to be filled.

When my number was called I approached the counter with my other two items for checkout. Upon placing my two items down she went ballistic! Yelling at me for placing raw chicken on “HER” counter, you would have though I slapped down raw bare chicken on "Her" counter not the double bagged chicken I had. She gave me a paper bag to place the other two bags into (which made no sense to me,) but now I was getting pissed! She tells me that I have to electronically sign for the script, to which I replied “Oh you can’t touch my phone but now I have to pick up a dirty pen that has been used by hundreds of people.” She wouldn’t accept money from my hand made me place it on the counter. I was so furious at this point I was shaking from the adrenaline. She then tells me she can’t check out the other two items, now I had to go to a cashier at the opposite end of the store.

I told her that I have never been treated so rudely by a cashier in at least 40 years. She replied “Well maybe if you had been wearing a mask I might have treated you differently.”

That was it!...Off the rails I went to the store manager to be a male version of a Karen. He told me that she has only worked there for 2 weeks and has already had numerous complains about her attitude. I calmed down because I could see in his unmasked face and eyes that he knew how I felt and what he had to do!

It’s not always the fault of the manager, I realize that and he calmed me down immediately but there are certain personalities that should NEVER work in customer service especially those who are Covid crazy nutbags!

Rant Over!......lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I can't stop laughing. I feel your pain and what's even funnier is my name is Karen!

Jake from Pasadena said...

I think we all know someone like this, sadly I have family members like this, and have since severed relationships with. It's truly sad when people are totally uninformed and act like this. I agree with the signature terminals, I really don't want to touch those pens either!