Saturday, November 25, 2023

Should We Let “Journalists” Influence Which Side of a War to Support?

Al Ritter


I watch a lot of independent journalists on YouTube for war coverage on both fronts, Israel and Ukraine. I usually take them all with a grain of salt and after watching many different ones I think the truth must be in the middle somewhere.

Where I draw the line is at barbarianism. What I mean when I say that is after watching this one journalist on a site called CBN news on YouTube by the name of Chuck Holton, I wonder what his underlying intention is.

In the beginning of the Israeli war he made the following comment. Now I’m going to paraphrase here, but he was saying that he has covered many war zones and if you support Israel in this you must also support Ukraine in the other war.

I was shocked at such a statement and wondered what his rationale was. He claimed that both Israel and Ukraine have both needlessly suffered the loss of life. Both sides have but that is not the total answer in both conflicts.

The geopolitical ramifications are almost at polar opposites between these two wars, and the causations are completely different. Holton seems to feel that because both countries were attacked from an outside country that they are somehow the same.

Nothing could be further from the truth, and to make such a blanket statement out there about who we must support in both wars is akin to nothing more than say, CNN, MSNBC, or one of the other totally biased talking head networks.

Now to be fair CBN (Christian Broadcast Network) has been pretty fair on most of their other reporting both domestically and abroad, but in my opinion when they allow commentary from a supposed “independent journalist” in live updates daily to be biased it makes me wonder about the other videos from the same network.

When he reports on the daily actions from both sides he is pretty fair to both sides but his opinions as to whom you have to support leaves me lacking.

I don’t want to be told from a reporter which side I should support in a war any more than who I should vote for……it ruins their integrity.

Chuck Holton’s reporting on CBN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP36-JVlKVY

 

 

6 comments:

Randy T said...

I really don't trust anyone in the news any more

Terri o said...

All of these so-called journalists are so tainted!

Todd B said...

I've seen that guy before, didn't he freelance for Fox News too?

republican patriot said...

@ Todd B ....Yes I think that was on his resume'

Kevin said...

It's sad that there are very few REAL journalist left. Far too many must tow the corporate line.

Chris M said...

Never just report facts and let us decide what we think