Wednesday, March 6, 2024

The Narcissist and Flying Monkeys

Al Ritter


I always referred to this as building allies but there is an actual term for this that Psychiatrists use called flying monkeys. Yes it is a reference to the Wizard of Oz.

I can only talk about certain circumstances that relate directly to me, so I’ll try to impart that to you. The Narcissist tries to recruit people to their side against you. It always involves falsehoods and outright lies against their victim.

In my marriage it involved a bunch of women that my spouse used to invite over to my house, always when I wasn’t home. One night when I arrived home after one of their meetings, they attacked me in force about their “man hatred.” I have to admit I was blindsided but as a result never allowed them back in the house again. It seemed that she had told them some lie about me. Monkeys abound they were flying all about!

Fast forward to the new Malignant Narcissist. One day I observed the Narcissist was walking up our mutual property line with his two adolescent children in tow. Once at the top of the property he continued to walk down the heavily congested street out front which is pretty narrow with a child in each hand. I kept thinking to myself he’s going to get killed on that street with those kids.

He was on a mission to the neighbor on the other side of me dragging his two sacrificial lambs with him. I could see this all play out from my recliner in the man cave.

Once he had arrived he struck up a conversation with the other neighbor in his back yard with his two children in hand (I had never seen him holding their hands like that before.) I can only assume that he was using his two kids as pawns in the game of his diabolical narcissism. They stood in the other neighbor’s backyard staring and pointing to my property all the while holding the children’s hands.

Once he returned to his property he released the kid’s hands and they were on their own.

He has texted me multiple times in the past “all the neighbors warned me about you.” Which was wishful thinking on his part as only he met very few since he moved in 3 years ago. The rest of the neighbors amount to over 10 now and don’t really like him or his attitude towards his neighbors. The rest of the neighbors have lived harmoniously together in this area for decades and don’t spread lies about each other.

Flying Monkeys……the recruitment of people against you, be prepared for it…. the question is not if but when!

Video here:

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDclCIFQML8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vbcpgoWTtk

https://youtube.com/shorts/xr1jGv4xt4c?si=ORClr-7sSYLsnATh

4 comments:

Ray in Lubbock said...

Using ones own children to appear more likeable is despicable. It's a shame they can't see that they are being used yet.

Tommytwotone said...

We had this guy at work that used to spread rumors about this poor woman constantly she finally got so upset she quit her job. About 2 months later under recommendation from HR he was fired. Kinda wished we had her back now.

Billys grand dad said...

Narcissists are bad news to anyone they come in contact with, i'm sorry to hear you had to deal with two of them Al

republican patriot said...

@ Billys grand dad....Me too my friend, but this last one was tougher on me than the first