Wednesday, December 21, 2022

My Hopes and Predictions in 2024

Al Ritter


Every time I think about 2024 a cold chill runs up my spine. My candidate hasn’t won in a Presidential election in about 20 years, so you can take my prediction for what it’s worth.

As far as I’m concerned it will boil down to three people. Biden, Trump and DeSantis, who they pick for running mates will largely be inconsequential except in one instance. The way I look at Trump is simple, I never liked the guy, but I have to admit he did make some changes in Washington, and also in the world for the better. He does however, have one major flaw, he can’t seem to keep his mouth shut.

Trump also has something else working against him and that is his age. We have already seen what can happen to a 79 year old as far as cognitive ability goes. Look back to Ronald Reagan and how quickly he was diagnosed with dementia after he retired. I have said many times, there is a minimum age of 35 to be a President, so equally there should be a maximum age.

In my opinion, I don’t want an 80 year old in the office of the President making decisions on my behalf. I feel the same way about those in Congress. With that being said, I think it’s time for new blood. Trump was good for the time he was President, but unless he picks a younger running mate his chances of being elected are slim. While we are talking running mates, let’s explore whom he might pick. A certain ticket into the Presidency would be a Trump/DeSantis ticket. Both are extreme type “A” personalities and in my opinion would clash. Now Trump could only serve one term and this ticket could propel DeSantis into the role of heir apparent and could possibly cement a Republican Presidency for a total of 12 years.

I don’t see that happening although it could be a good strategy. Sadly Trump has left many good candidates casualties in his scorched earth style. His “win at any cost” personality has gotten him into the position he’s in right now. I realize that he’s trying to drain the swamp, but it’s not necessary to win every fight, but rather the war. I think Trump is damaged goods at this point and doesn’t have much of a chance at getting the Independent vote.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump picked Kari Lake as a running mate regardless if she wins or loses in Arizona.

The possibilities are endless, but in my opinion DeSantis is forceful without being brash. He picks his battles carefully and executes completely. His age is certainly in his favor, and he is definitely the most popular Governor in America right now. I think he would show the world the strong side of the American Presidency once again.

I really can’t see Biden winning re-election. Too many Democrats are seeing his rapid decline, and who knows what two more years will bring. The problem with the Democratic run is who will campaign against him? Elizabeth Warren? Bernie Sanders? It’s all more of the same from both parties.

It’s time for new blood in both parties!

5 comments:

Terri o said...

I agree that all government should have term limits

Billy Bob said...

Interesting analysis

Nurseratchet said...

The only way I'll vote for Trump is if he wins the primary, from there we have no choice

Justin H said...

Trump will win IN A FAIR + HONEST ELECTION 45 STATES !!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with your assessment