Monday, November 10, 2008

Balance of Power




I am proud to be an American, and I say that with unconditional love. I believe in our system, and the fortitude of our citizens. Like I said in a previous article, the majority has spoken and a President has been elected. Time has proven that anytime one party rules the senate the congress and the Presidency, a change comes to pass the next election. The question is…..will it happen this time around? Maybe the liberals have grown so large in number, that a true second party win will no longer be obtainable.

I started this blog as a way for the conservative group to have a voice, to ask questions and leave responsible comments. All in all, the conservatives have done exactly that, but I fear that factions from the left have left what I refer to as “uncivilized and mean spirited attacks” on me personally. I’ve always felt that we can agree to disagree, but some people never want to leave it at that, they feel a need to strike a blow to hurt or maim for that matter.

Everyone in this country is entitled to his or her opinion, after all that is what we celebrate as our heritage, the First Amendment. Where we draw the line at personal attacks and where we go in search of civil disagreements seems to be part of what we saw on November 5th. Part of John McCain’s inability to cross the line into Presidential nominee seems to be part of his age. He treated Obama with respect, while he personally attacked McCain. The battle was fought with a degree of civility on McCain’s side, but was without boundaries from the Obama camp.

A bitter person named Doug from Ireland attacked my opinions here. His age and immaturity maybe be a harbinger of things to come from the younger generation, whom clearly harbor anger at the Republicans. He tried over 6 times to post his nasty comments on my site, and has accused me of trying to censure him. Blogs are the property of the owner, and comments may be censured as a way (in my case) of leading a civil form of political conversation. Comments such as….

IDIOT. i am not irish but are living here at the moment. and have lived in 3 other countries, so have a view point bigger than your small mindedness.IGNORANT. and no i can't vote in ur election, but i am not worried as your red neck , racist, one eyed type will loose power in this election. GOOD NEWS. and since you bought up your mother, i assume she's dead by now. thank goodness. so crawl back into your hole and hopefully it gets filled in with concrete. don't worry, i won't bother you again with objective and informed views.

His character leaves much to be desired, as do his manners, not to mention how his grammar and computer slang talk drive my spell check nuts, posters like him won’t ever be tolerated on my site as long as I have a breath in my lungs. He accuses me of censuring his “free speech” but in the same time wants to somehow silence mine. I have to remind people from other countries, this is MY America, and not yours. I vote in my country, and they in return allow me certain rights of free speech etc. As far as I’m concerned, if you don’t live in our country and pay taxes, take your opinion along with .50 cents and call someone who cares, because your opinion means NOTHING to me! If you would like to see his slanted one way vision of the world, please feel free to view his blog and comment where you feel the need… http://iaindtiler.blogspot.com/



Obama did do one thing in this election, he consolidated a base of angry people, but after all that is what he did as a community organizer, and that is what he did training to accomplish. It worked, he got himself elected, and now we follow his lead. We don’t have to like it, we don’t HAVE to accept it, but I as one have accepted his accomplishment to persuade the masses, he deserves credit.

I don’t intend to back of the conservative principles that I have voiced on this board. I intend to point out Obama’s failures; I intend to point out Obama’s shortcomings and policy reversals. I intend to keep the pressure on my senators and congressmen to at the very least LISTEN to my point of view. I intend to do everything in my power to avoid another unchecked single party regime.

As I have told others when questioned, “this is NOT your Father’s Democratic Party.”
And like just Ronald Reagan, I too used to be a Democrat, but I agree with him in saying, “ I didn’t leave the Democratic Party, the Democratic Party left me.” The moralistic tone has changed in America, and it seems for the time being that the “angry” party is ruling, but one thing is for certain, in the history from our countries elections, that never lasts. We have a constant ebb and tide between parties, and I truly believe this will happen again.

The sad part in all this is that every Democratic President past FDR has chosen to further the dependency of citizens on public funds, until sadly, their party believes these are entitlements instead of social policies. This built in problem feeds on itself, and will continue as long as politicians keep adding social programs for the good of the disadvantaged or poor. They use guilt as part of their arsenal; they use it against the rich, against the white majority, when in fact their party donates the least to charity. They do this purposely; they do it because they believe they are the ones that should decide who to give the money to. They claim that the rich don’t give their “fair share” in the way of taxes, but in reality the wealthy (upper 10%) pay 70% of taxes. If anyone doesn’t pay their “fair share” it’s the lower wage earners, 44% pay NOTHING!

How can our country go on in this fashion? How can we keep supporting social programs to the tune of 60% of this year’s budget? How can we keep giving our money to other countries for no other reason then to help pull them out of poverty? Our founding father’s directives were simple, to protect our interests and safety. We know how we got here, what we need to figure out is how to stop this rapid decline, and return our country to the conservative principles that our fore fathers had intended.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so amazing. Your writings are always so interesting to me. Whoever this ‘man’ was that tried unsuccessfully to criticize you, on your own blog no less, only succeeded in proving his own ‘lack of intelligence’ in my opinion. Small people reflect with small minds. With all of our issues and problems, we ARE still the greatest Nation in the world. This man has a right to his own opinion but he also needs to ‘keep it’ in it’s place, not in yours…

Anonymous said...

well I went to the site you mentioned, but it wouldn't let me post without a password, go figure, typical liberal

republican patriot said...

This is tooooooo funny, you guys must have scared little boy Dougie, it seems that his blog that nobody ever commented on was removed by him, seems the comments from my readers must have over powered his childish immature attitude, and poor writing skills!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the democratic anger issue. I lost 3 people I thought were my friends, but their nasty attitudes towards me on the sole basis that i was voting conservative this election proved to me they weren't real friends. Good Riddance!!!!