Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Common Sense


Common Sense
William G Burmer

Dear Patriots:

There is an interesting historical commentary with regards to the wit and humor of “Mark Twain” in the January issue of the “New American.” I commend it to you for a good read.

I often lament that common sense has been taken over by “politically correct” speech. Mark Twain had a way with words we can all relate to, here are a few.

“Common Sense is the least common of all the senses.”

1."Laws control the lesser man... Right conduct controls the greater one. "

2."Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."

3."Let us make a special effort to stop communicating with each other, so we can have some conversation.”

4."Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."



In the present quest by the “Left” (communist) to silence opposition to their tyrannies, Mark Twain lamented “Scorn and ridicule are not always adequate to silence unwelcome opinion . . . but they are often the only weapons available.” So much for Please and thank you, they simple do not register with the Statists mindset.



And my favorite: "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself."



Let us pray our new Congress can find and inroad to the redress the American People deserve; More importantly, that the American People can find favor with God, in obedience to His Laws. “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it.”

Sometimes I wish I had said that.

1 comment:

barb p said...

I enjoyed that...