Friday, March 17, 2023

I Think it Might be Time for a Divorce

 Al Ritter

In the beginning I was a “Never Trumper,” but as time went on I was seeing the good he was doing for the country and as a result, respected him for it. But even as early as June 2016 I was pretty angry how Trump spread lies about Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin to win the primary.

Now we are seeing his lies surface yet again, and his character assassination has begun once again. Somehow Trump feels that he alone was responsible for Ron DeSantis’s win in his first run for Governor of Florida.

In a recent campaign spot Trump declared, …”Remember this: If It  weren’t (sic) for me Ron Desanctimonious be probably working at a Law Firm or a Pizza Hut I don’t know.”

Further insults arose:…. “I said ‘You are so dead right now you are not going, no endorsement is going to save you. George Washington won’t save you.’ He said, ‘I’m telling you, if you endorse me, I have a chance,’” Trump added.

Vindictive to the point of Character assassination is what Trump does best. I don’t agree with his “win at any cost mantra,” nor will I condone it.



Ron DeSantis hasn’t even thrown his hat into the ring, but I think that Trump has seen enough polls to know that may be a reality soon. Trump must really feel threatened by DeSantis’s popularity to lash out so violently.

I said before that the only way I would vote for Trump is if he won the primary, but with his latest round of lies and smears I am questioning if I would even do that.

Even the staunchest Trump supporter has to realize that his mouth needs a filter. Scorched earth is no way to run a campaign, especially against those in your own party.

Read More Here about his childish behavior:

https://www.desantisdaily.com/donald-trump-just-made-one-insane-admission-about-ron-desantis/

Trump's PAC has just escalated things:

https://www.desantisdaily.com/donald-trump-just-declared-war-on-ron-desantis-with-this-shocking-letter/

9 comments:

Terri o said...

Trump needs to stop insulting and demonizing people in his own party. This is turning people against him.

Turk 182 said...

He smears ANYONE that he sees as a threat, truthful or not. This is not how adults should act, let alone a President. I couldn't agree with you more Al, he just needs to shut his mouth!

Billy V said...

Agreed. In 2016 it was necessary to trim the field because Trump was untested. That is no longer the case. He needs to stick to adult conversation and laying out his own agenda.

Peggy T said...

I grew tired of his narcissistic bravado long ago, he is now reaping what he has sewn

Rodney K said...

Why is Trump attacking DeSantis harder than Biden?

Roger S said...

Trump is damaged goods now by his own actions, I wash my hands of him. I was going to vote for him but not with these latest lies coming out. Come on DeSantis declare so we can get behind you!

Kenny185 said...

I'll vote for Trump no matter what he says

Sam P said...

I can't agree more, it's time we move on from him. He is showing his true colors bright for everyone to see.

Dave R said...

Spot on, exactly the way I feel.