Monday, March 17, 2008

Barb Mikulski replies to me:

On November 13, I sent an email to Senator Mikulski to voice my opinion about the “LOST” treaty, below was my email to her:

Dear Senator Mikulski,
Please reconsider your vote on the LOST Treaty, because of my concern on the extension of the UN as a world governing body. I also have reservations on the ability of this treaty to allow a “back door” entry into the Kyoto Protocol. I believe our country should be self governed, and not controlled monetarily by an outside body. I also believe that the US should have more say then a land locked country will. One vote per country does not accurately reflect the relationship of linear miles of shoreline. The seas have been the last open and free area, and signing this agreement for ratification will give the UN control over 7/10ths of the world’s surface, and that is unacceptable.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Alfred C. Ritter

Barbara returned an email to me today as follows:
Dear Mr. Ritter:
Thank you for getting in touch with me to express your views about the United Nations Law of the Sea Treaty. I appreciate hearing from you.
I understand your views about the U.S. ratifying the Law of the Sea Treaty. This treaty went into effect worldwide in 1994 after 60 member states of the U.N. had signed it. It sets international guidelines for the communal use of the oceans for fishing, mining, and navigation, while protecting the sovereign rights of nations.
I believe the U.S. must continue its important role in the United Nations and live up to its responsibilities. Multinational agencies and their agreements allow the U.S. to share the burdens and costs of global problems with other nations.
Again, thanks for getting in touch with me. Knowing of your views will be helpful to me should this treaty come for a vote before the full Senate. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.
Sincerely, Barbara A. MikulskiUnited States Senator
Today I replied to her as shown below:


Dear Senator Mikulski,
I felt as if your reply to me was that of a dismissing nature. I sent you a letter voicing my concern about a certain treaty giving the United Nations (the world’s most corrupt organization) control over 7/10 of the world’s surface. The territorial limits once limited to 11 or 12 miles would now extend to 350 miles, causing untold disputes by rogue nations. Another problem I have with this treaty is, land locked nations will have the very same vote as we do as a nation. No credit or additional votes will be available to nations with thousands of shoreline vs. the lack of shoreline, one nation one vote. No Naval exercises will be allowed in waters beyond our territorial limits, and our submarines will be required to be on the surface, and fly a flag if ever in another territorial water, there by putting the lives of our servicemen at risk. The terms “international waters must be used for peaceful activities only” can be construed many ways, and needs further clarifications. The LOST treaty also enables a back door entry into world pollution control, as you already are aware. As part of your past voting history, I also see that if offered for ratification, you would vote in favor of the Kyoto Protocol. My knowledge of the LOST treaty, as you can see rivals yours. My concerns are for many Articles such as I invite you to look over this treaty paying special attention to the following articles:
20, 27, 39, 57, 70, 73, 76, 82, 88, 159, 160, 183, 194, *212, 289
Through the following link: http://www.un.org/Depts/los/convention_agreements/texts/unclos/closindx.htm
Your stance as stated in your quote:


I believe the U.S. must continue its important role in the United Multinational agencies and their agreements allow the U.S. to share the burdens and costs of global problems with other nations.

Again, thanks for getting in touch with me. Knowing of your views will be helpful to me should this treaty come for a vote before the full Senate. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

This arrogant statement shows me that you and Senator Cardin both believe that the people of the United States of America should somehow share their wealth with the world in some kind of sick World Welfare Reform. Since when have we as a people elected you to turn over world governance to the United Nations? I would like to remind you that, you are in office to vote the will of your constituents and not hand out our taxes. Your reply to me was a real slap in the face, followed by an offer if you can be of any further assistance to contact you. What you meant to say is that I could contact you IF I agreed with your point of view. Well Senator I do NOT agree with you, and I will share this arrogant reply to me, with all my mailing list, whom for your information vote also!
Alfred C Ritter Sr.

No comments: